NIXON CEMETERY ASSOCIATION

The Nixon Cemetery Association was formed in 1916 as a private corporation filed of record in Gonzales, County. Directors included J.E. Norton, Mrs. A.E. Patton, Mrs. E.R. Wells, Mrs. Ellen Johnson, and Mrs. B.R. Campbell. Although this cemetery was formally established in 1916, one may walk through the most southern area of the cemetery and find graves that precede that date. This makes sense with the township of Nixon formed in 1907. The cemetery is now formed under IRS code of 501-C-13 filed of record with the Secretary of State of Texas. Prior to the earliest formation, it was not uncommon to establish graves on surrounding ranches which was the major livelihood of the area.

Ground & Visitation Rules
​
The cemetery is open to all public from sunrise to 9 p.m. daily. Please drive on pavement when raining, limit of two decorations per grave, no glass containers, please remove aged arrangements, remove water hose after use. For monument settings or grave openings contact association at (830) 582-1521